Friday, March 30, 2012

Juicy Burger and Dogs

The other day while checking Facebook, I noticed Denver Burger Battle post about the recent winner of the best burger in Denver. I love hamburgers and consider myself an aficionado on the matter. So I had to investigate this a little further.
When looking at the menu, I noticed it seemed similar to a burger place, I went to a lot as a kid, called Paul's Place. Paul's Place had an amazing char burger. Their char burger made me fall in love with that great char flavor. Onion rings, fries, shakes anything on that menu was good. My mom still judges onion rings to theirs to this day. Then Paul's Place closed and a void was left. I have searched for that char burger, those onion rings, that shake. Some come close but never succeed in taking the title.
I did not want to get my hopes up thinking that was the same owner and the same food, so I pushed it to the back of my mind. Tonight I went to Juicy Burger with my sister. I had to ask the waitress if there was a connection. To my surprise, it is the same guy who started Paul's Place. He even came out of the back to talk with us and reminisce about the olds days.
I ordered the double char with the works and a side of onion rings. Taking that first bite was like stepping into a time machine. It was exactly like the old char burger I could never find a replacement for. The onion rings are just as good as ever.
I will be back there quite a bit. The food is amazing and Paul and his staff are some of the friendliest people around. I can not say enough about this place. I am glad to be able to show other people this place and turn them onto to some great food. Go there and give it a shot you will not be disappointed.


On a scale of one to five kosher pigs. Juicy receives all five and an extra oink.






Juicy burgers and dogs on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment